School Aims and Ethos
"With God we are strong together; we can achieve together."
- To foster a growth of commitment to the love and service of Christ through the teaching and practices of the Catholic Church.
- To teach the knowledge and skills relevant to the individual needs of all our pupils.
- To develop positive attitudes towards learning so that our pupils may grow in confidence and strive for even greater levels of achievement.
- To provide a stimulating and caring environment where self-discipline, respect for others and good manners are valued and encouraged.
- To educate the whole child, supporting the development of happy, confident, caring, responsible future citizens who know themselves and the world in which they live.
- To address the requirements of the National Curriculum by resourcing and creating a wide range of learning opportunities.
- To develop positive links with parents, governors, children, staff and the wider community to enable the school to play a full and active role in the parish which it serves.
- To strive for the highest possible standards of behaviour and all-round achievement.
The Catholic Values at St William's Catholic Primary School
The children and staff came together to update the list of Catholic Values for our school. These are the ones that we celebrate at St Williams.
The children, staff and wider community all experience the love of God and the love of each other. Love is a core Catholic value for our school, and underpins all that the children know and experience through their time at our school.
Love one another as I have loved you.
All the children at St William's Catholic Primary and Sparklers Nursery are seen as individuals with unique qualities. We are all made in the likeness of God but have our own unique gifts given by God. As a school we recognise that we are all unique and we honour and respect our differences.
Then God said, “Let us make man in our image, after our likeness. And let them have dominion over the fish of the sea and over the birds of the heavens and over the livestock and over all the earth and over every creeping thing that creeps on the earth.” So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them. Genesis 1:26-27
Trust is a very important value and is shown throughout God's teachings. It must be earned through our behaviour and our actions between one another. We often have to trust in each other when we are struggling. At St William's we show trust in all that we do, trust between adults, children and our wider community.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways submit to him, and he will make your paths straight. Proverbs 3:5-6
This Catholic value links to Trust as children trust others when they are honest. As adults we often talk to the children about how 'Honesty is the best policy'. Being honest underpins so many other values. The children will be reminded that honest people tell the truth despite consequences and voice their opinions in a kind, thoughtful way.
Blessed are the pure in heart, for they will see God. Matthew 5:8
At St William's we would like to inspire the children to be the best that they can be. Inspiration is about being someone to look up to, someone that goes above what is being asked of them.
Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing 1 Thessalonians 5:11
The children at our school and nursery are taught the importance of respect. They recognise the differences in gender, race, age and beliefs, and respect that we are all individuals and should be treated in a fair way. They are reminded of the greatest commandment of all time - Love one another as I have loved you - and use this as a basis for the way in which they treat people.
Honor your father and mother, and, you shall love your neighbor as yourself.” Matthew 19:19
During the Celebration Assembly on a Friday, we award one pupil the LUTHIR award for showing one or more of these Catholic Values.
Saint William's Catholic Primary School Mission Statement
Alongside our families, parish and community, St William's will work together to ensure that each child will be taught as an individual.
We will help each child to reach their full potential through fun and engaging learning, in a safe, warm and caring environment.
We will teach them to live, love and learn in the way Jesus taught us.